Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley (BGCNV) is a private 501c3 non-profit organization formed in 1995 to provide comprehensive youth development services, activities and programs for youth in the northstate region. It is governed by a local board of volunteer directors, staffed by over 70 youth development professionals and supported by over 300 community volunteers. The Boys & Girls Club currently serves nearly 2,000 youth and operates 9 sites, throughout Butte County, where members, ages 6 to 18, can access quality programs and services after school.
Mission: To inspire and enable all young people to reach their full potential as responsible, productive and caring citizens.
Vision: All young people need: a safe place where they can learn and grow; caring adults who provide positive guidance; a wide variety of enriching life experiences; hope for a positive future; and opportunities to reach their dreams.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley is dedicated to providing a safe and positive environment that fosters the healthy development of youth for ages six to eighteen in the critical after-school hours. For the past 18 years, the Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley has been at the forefront of youth development in after-school and teen services at 9 club sites throughout Butte County.
For over 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs across the nation have shared four unique characteristics that have proven successful in attracting youth from all backgrounds, and that enhance the club’s abilities to work in partnership with other organizations possessing similar goals and values.
- Boys & Girls Clubs are designed solely for youth. They are physical places where youth feel they belong and where they develop a sense of ownership and pride.
- Boys & Girls Clubs are dependable. They are open daily when kids need them.
- Boys & Girls Clubs employ professional youth development staff. Highly trained youth professionals are equipped to address the many challenges faced by young people, provide long term mentoring and offer positive guidance to members and their families.
- Boys & Girls Clubs are affordable and accessible so that all children are welcome and no child is ever turned away.
Programs and activities offered at the Boys & Girls Clubs are designed to meet the needs of boys and girls of all ages and interests in five basic core program areas:
- Character & Leadership Development
- Education & Career Development
- Health & Life Skills
- The Arts
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
Every day young people from all walks of life come to the club to find friendship, get help with homework and participate in a wide variety of fun and enriching activities like cooking classes, computer programming, dance, music, art and recreation.
The cost of an annual membership is only $15 and young people whose families cannot afford to pay are entitled to apply for a scholarship. The true cost of annual services to youth is approximately $1,250 per member however, through the generosity of our community donors and funders, no child is ever turned away for economic reasons and we do not give up on our kids.
What Makes the Club Unique: The Boys & Girls Club has a unique combination of characteristics, programs and services that complement other youth and family service organizations:
· Open to boys AND girls;
· Open ONLY to boys and girls:
· Open to ALL boys and girls;
· Facility that is dedicated to youth only;
· Open daily;
· Low or no cost;
· Paid youth development professional staff
· Programs that are proven to work.
Forbes, SmartMoney, Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report have all ranked BGCA among the top charitable organizations in America based on cost-effective use of donor dollars. WORTH magazine ranked BGCA as one of America’s top 100 charities, based on financial efficiency, strength of reputation, and program effectiveness.
Tax I.D. # 68-0294846